Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The 'Bong' Connection


NO...

I am not talking about the movie...
And for goodness sake I am not going to talk about methods of smoking pot; 'The Leaf' (Marijuana for you plebians :D)

I am talking about myself....
and my F***ING life....

For some weird reason my life is flooded with 'Bengali' people. My given name is a 'Bengali' name... so first thing people ask me is "Are you a Bengali?" (As if being a Bengali means that I am a little more or less than being a human being! )

Not that I mind it! I have nothing against Bengalis. In fact, most of the Bengalis I know are extremely sweet and cultured people! Their rich culture and style (errr.... thats questionable I know!) amazes me! And the other quality which I think Bengalis are imbued with is intelligence. I hardly meet any 'Bong' who is dumb (Exception to some air-headed actresses, of course) and all of them extremely good looking!! Best example being actress Sushmita Sen. I know it may be a fluke that most 'Bongs' I meet are like that.

Well, what I fail to undersatnd is my 'Bong' Connection.My name is 'Bong'. People say I look like a 'Bong'(Heaven only knows how a 'Bong' is supposed to look like!!) My best friend is a 'Bong'. My Boss is a 'Bong'. His Boss is a 'Bong'. The gentleman who sits just behind me in the office is a 'Bong'. My workplace is flooded with 'Bongs'!!! But my nemesis is a 'Bihari' (:D).

Maybe I was a 'Bengali in some past life????
Or maybe I am just plain obsessed with 'Bengalis'?????

3 comments:

iz said...

Umm...I'm not so fond of them! So am pretty glad that youre not one!

J' said...

@iz: i know what you mean..
:D

Anonymous said...

Marry me.I am a bong. you will become one after that.